Next Stop: China

Today is my last day in the office before I hop on a plane to China! In my past travels, in some countries I encountered many cats (Greece, Turkey, Argentina, the Netherlands, Thailand), while in others, I barely saw any (Hungary, Austria, Czech Republic). My last trip to Asia, I saw many in Bangkok, but none in Saigon.

I have no idea what to expect in Beijing and Shanghai.

I read an article a few months ago that said that many stray cats were rounded up and taken off the street just prior to the 2008 Olympics, but now, after four years, feral cats are back in full force.

I hope to discover exactly how true that is. Of course, I’ll be sharing my experiences with photos and videos, so stay tuned!  Follow the adventure on: Twitter, Pinterest, and Flickr.

...And Topeka, please look after the cat hospital until I get back...

Yeah, sure.

Comments