Financial Assistance for Pet Owners
Financial assistance for pet owners
by By Daniela Caride of The Daily Tail
If you are struggling to keep your pet, know that you have options before surrendering him. Here is a list of organizations that provide financial assistance for pet owners in need. Each organization has its own rules and guidelines, so I would recommend you to explore their web sites before applying.
If you have the resources to treat your pets, and you are looking for a charity to contribute to, you may be interested in looking into these organizations. With the economic downturn, they are hurting.
- Wants to better the lives of sick, injured and abused companion animals.
- Fights for the lives of companion animals who are at risk of being euthanized because their caretakers are financially challenged.
- Provides financial assistance nationwide for the medical care of pets whose owners are unable to afford the expense.
- Helps people physically and mentally challenged, senior citizens and children of the working poor who own pets.
- Provides financial assistance to pet owners who cannot afford expensive surgery or medical treatment that their pets need.
- Assists in covering medical costs beyond the normal expenses of vaccination, spay and neuter surgeries, food and routine veterinary care.
- Helps pet owners care for their animals in life-threatening situations.
- Offers pet owners in temporary financial crisis an alternative when their pets face a treatable but life-threatening condition or illness.
- Provides financial assistance to cat guardians who are unable to afford veterinary services to save their companions when life-threatening illness or injury strikes.
- Promotes routine and medical care of cats.
- Helps cat owners care for cats with chronic or emergency medical conditions through financial and fundraising assistance.
- Raises awareness of the prevalence of canine cancer, its effects and treatment options.
- Helps dog owners pay for veterinary care for dogs with cancer.
- Provides financial support for dogs who need radiation treatment.
- Offers emotional support through a hotline and in-person group that meets monthly.
- Offers financial help to assist the companion animals of those in financial difficulties.
- (Not accepting applications at this time)
- Assists in the care of sick, injured, abused and neglected dogs through financial support and public education.
- Provides financial assistance for canine cancer treatment when the family is financially unable to provide treatment.
- Spreads God’s compassion to all animals God has made according to the scriptures.
- Helps with up to $50.00 toward vet bills.
[Thank you Leslie Kaufman of On All Fours Cat Sitting & New York Cat Sitting Blog for this find]